MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

If an item is left on my property for 10 to 12 years can I

Customer Question

if an item is left on my property for 10 to 12 years can I claim it.The item is a wood pellet boiler.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the owner is trying to get it back.I told him he would have to pay for storage for 10 years.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return. 

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no

Yes, the owner can still get the property back.

Once you refuse to return their belongings after the owner asked for them, you may dishonestly appropriate them to yourself, which amounts to theft.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
does he have to pay storage for the period the irem was on my property

Yes, he's obliged to pay for that.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what would be the appropiate amount

Unfortunately, I cannot give a proper estimate. You can decide on this matter and note how long the property was stored.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further enquiries in the future. We are always happy to help.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.