How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Italian_Lawyer Your Own Question
Italian_Lawyer, Other
Category: Italy Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  I am an Italian qualified solicitor and I am available to answer your Italian law questions.
Type Your Italy Law Question Here...
Italian_Lawyer is online now

My wife is obtaining Power of attorney in UK to act as a deputy

This answer was rated:

My wife is obtaining Power of attorney in UK to act as a deputy for my stepson who collapsed in Pistoia last December. He has been unconscious ever since, although being brought to the UK and making some progress is unable to speak or possibly see.

We would like to know the process of having British Legal Court authorization documents - who to send to in Tuscany to translate into Italian, authorize as a legal requirement by Italian law. This would apply to being able to sell my stepson's property in Scarperia and any other assets , i.e. British Cars not registered in Italy.
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

According to Article 33 (L)of D.P.R. 445/2000, the acts formed in foreign countries requires the legalization (legalizzazione in Italiano) of the Italian embassy in the country where the act was formed.

So you should apply at the Italian embassy in the UK to obtain the legalization of the power of attorney. You need to attach an Italian
translation of the document to your application. The translation has to be made from an official translator in Italy.

The official translator will nedd to translate the document and bring it to the Palace of justice to swear the conformity of the translation to the original version.

To find an official translator, you can contact the following company which is one of the most accredited in Italy.

I hope this answers your question. If it does, please do not hesitate to accept it and rate it positively.

I remain at your complete disposal should you need other information.



Italian_Lawyer and other Italy Law Specialists are ready to help you