Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
101823876

Will an Italian parent resident in Montecarlo Principality

Will an Italian parent resident in Montecarlo Principality of Monaco, move legal proceedings to Italy for a child with double citizenship English and Italian resident in the uk?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I will wait

Hello, my name is Peter, I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Normally the court in the country where the child is resident will be the court in which the proceedings are heard. The Italian court should refuse jurisdiction on the basis that the child is not habitually resident there.

I hope this clarifies things for you?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you very much

My pleasure and thanks for confirming receipt.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter Collins,
Experience: Barrister at Self Employed