T_Graham12
T_Graham12,
28732269

I have a contract with an Italian company and this has been

Customer Question

I have a contract with an Italian company and this has been for 16 months now. I left a very highly paid job to do the job with them, I am field based in europe
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No they dont have HR only a FD that is doing both roles I wrote into contract a 6 month notice clause but they are now using COVID 19 as Force Majure to not pay the 6 months...
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Consultant
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is a 30 day suspended period and then they will terminate - Is this a 60 day period or 30 day period if they only pay notice?
Category: Italy Law
Expert:  ben.jones replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  ben.jones replied 11 days ago.

Is your contract governed by UK employment law?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Italian Law
Expert:  ben.jones replied 11 days ago.

OK thank you. I will opt out for another expert. Thank you

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 days ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I havent had any response yet?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 days ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?