ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I would like to ask regarding my citizenship in italy, it

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to ask regarding my citizenship in italy, it has been in process for the last 3 years, then i moved in UK, it there any chance that i could get my nationality in UK?
Category: Italy Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No worries at all
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Expert:  AkuaK replied 3 days ago.

Good afternoon, are you wanting British citizenship in the U.K.?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
As i said i would like to ask regarding my italian citizenship
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 3 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 23 hours ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 23 hours ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

The application in Italy does not affect your ability to obtain residency in the UK providing you meet all other eligibility requirement. You would however have to be clear on what basis you would be applying to remain or for residency in the UK.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 3 hours ago.
I am still waiting for my italian citizenship to be release
Customer: replied 3 hours ago.
But I am currently living in UK for my studies
Customer: replied 3 hours ago.
Is there any chance to get it?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied less than 1 hour ago.

Most countries do require for you to be a resident in the country in order to qualify for residency. If you are found to be outside of the country then this would affect your application. You should check with a lawyer in Italy how long you are allowed to be outside of the country. Practically what you may do is to travel back to Italy ever so often throughout the year.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again. Have a great day.