Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2002 2.1 v6 petrol x type the engine light came on

Customer Question

i have a 2002 2.1 v6 petrol x type the engine light came on showing 3 codes po332 knock sensor po341 camshaft position circuit range/performance po346 camshaft position circuit range/performancebank 2
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.

to have issues with both cam position sensors is a little fishy so I'd 1st check that the wiring loom to both sensors and the solenoids is in good condition with no chafe damage

I'd also check the condition of the engine oil, as dirty oil can also give the variable cam pullies problems

if the oil is black then change it and its filter

if thats all OK then I'd check that knock sensor harness is also OK and if it is then it may have to be replaced, this is quite a lengthy process as its buried under the inlet manifold

see here

http://www.jaghelp.com/2012/02/knock-sensor-removal-on-25-x-type.html

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt