Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 07 S Type (2.7 Diesel) burbles and gurgles for about five

My 07 S Type (2.7 Diesel) burbles and gurgles for about five minutes behind the dash board after you switch off the engine, Why?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

this sounds like there's air trapped in the heater matrix to me

they are prone to clogging up on these car's anyway

so I'd suggest the next step is to locate the two heater exit pipes in the engine bay bulkhead and disconnect them both ( you will need to cap them or allow them to drain on the engine side

then use a garden hose to flush the heater matrix through with fresh water, flush in the reverse direction so put the hose onto the pipe that runs back to the radiator / header tank and leave the engine connection open to flush out

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.

If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies

Thanks Matt