Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Does the alarm fitted to my car have a fuse fitted

Customer Question

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If there are no warning lights on on the dash when running the engine then this usually is not a fuse fault here.This sounds more like the alarm ECU at fault or a body ecu causing this issue.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model's data port to see what codes are set.Once this is done there will be at least one code set in most cases and that code will need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I see my answer has received a poor rating.I apologize if my info didn't help with what you were looking for here.I saw no one had responded and thought I would try and help here.I strive to achieve a 3 to 5-star rating and in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose a problem from here.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.I can also open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete