Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Jaguar X-Type, year 08. The oblong panel on the

I have a Jaguar X-Type, year 08. The oblong panel on the dash for the radio and clock does not illuminate with the lights on at night. The upper panel for interior and exterior temperatures does light up. Is there any cure for this apparent fault in the lower panel?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

Sorry to say that the 'fix' is to replace the panel with new or a good used item

the lighting is provided by a backlit LED so there's no bulb to replace and its quite a common fault on the X types for these display to fail sometimes just the backlight , or even the whole thing packs up

so if it really bugs you then the best option is to replace with a known good used part

or replace the whole unit with an aftermarket stereo

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much - just as I feared; I'll just live with it!

fair enough

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.

If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies

Thanks Matt