Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have just bought a Jaguar 2015 XJ Portfolio 3.00 litre

Customer Question

I have just bought a Jaguar 2015 XJ Portfolio 3.00 litre Diesel.
Trying to find my way around the controls and cannot enter the service menu that is shown on the main menu. It appears to be greyed out. Can you help please.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately, my info is not showing how to access this menu.If it shows it on your model but is grayed out there may be an electrical fault causing this issue here.If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out with a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicles data port this needs to be done.Any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help locate and repair this issue here.If this was already done and no codes are set to let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete