Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a Jaguar S Type 2007 year. Following a recent bout of

Customer Question

I have a Jaguar S Type 2007 year.Following a recent bout of heavy rain and flooding in road, I now have a problem with the bleeping alarm (not the horn alarm) when I lock the car. The alarm appears to be mounted near to the offside front wheel. when I park the car and lock it, withing 5 minutes the bleeping alarm goes off. I does not go off if I keep the car unlocked which i now have have to at night for fear of waking the street if I lock it.
What is the problem?
Regards Richard
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with one of the door position sensors built into the door latch at fault.It can send a false signal that a door is locked and opened at the same time even though the door is not open and sets off the alarm.Usually, this is the driver's door latch that needs to be replaced as this is the door that is used the most.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer that will plug into your vehicles data port to see what codes are set.If no codes are set then the tool is used to monitor the door latch signals to locate which latch is faulty needing replaced.Moisture may have got into the latch connections causing this issue and usually, the latch has to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pete
Not sure if you are correct. The problem was with the passive alarm not the main alarm. This unit is located below the fuse box and is designed to activate if someone tampers with the car battery (trying to steal the car) and imobilise the main alarm. These units are powered by small round batteries and the wiring is linked to the main loom. They are nuisance as very difficult to get to and the alarm goes of when batteries get low (6 to 10 years).
Solution, take off offside front wheel along with the wheel arch between wheel and engine, loosen the water bottle and then simply pull out the plug and cable going into the unit. This does not affect the car in any way. Not sure if all S Types are fitted with this extra alarm system. Lots of info on this problem on Jaguar Club website

O.k., unfortunately, my info is limited on this alarm system for your model here.I will have to see if anyone else has any info on this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete