Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer

X Type with 55 K on the clock regularly serviced just

Customer Question

X Type with 55 K on the clock regularly serviced just developed a high pitched noise when slowly de accelerating The noise kicks in a just below 30 MPH and cuts out at below 25mph Initialy i thought that it might be break pads resonating so i tried de accelerating with foot lightly on the breaks that didnt work Any clues what it might be
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the wheel bearings checked for any issues this should be done.If there are any issues with a failing wheel bearing this can cause a fault like this here.If this was checked and found to be o.k. then you need to have the exhaust system checked as it can vibrate at certain decel speeds causing this issue.I have even seen exhaust heat shields vibrating causing this issue.If this is o.k. then the transmission/gearbox needs to be checked for any issues needing repaired with it like a bearing that may be failing in it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete