Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer

I have a problem with my fuel gauge. Sometimes it gives

Customer Question

I have a problem with my fuel gauge. Sometimes it gives incorrect readings such as half tank when it's nearly empty then you get a message Fuel Gage data error
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 29 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

What causes this issue here is a fault with the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank.The level sensor fails electronically acting up like you see here.It can read correctly and then incorrectly and can change with cycling the key in some cases.I suspect your fuel level sensor needs to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete