Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

2003 jaguar xj6 warning lights come on and of at

Customer Question

2003 jaguar xj6 warning lights come on and of at random,engine foult,gear box foult, brake foult,spedy miter not working ect ect
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

What has to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers in your model.Once this is done any codes set will then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.There will be at least one code set that will help to locate and repair this fault.I suspect a faulty speed sensor as this will cause all of the issues here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Peter. Thank you for the info. Can you tell me where the spedo sensor is located. And aprox. cost of the part.Bogdan

The lower transmission/gearbox pan has to be removed and it is attached near the valve body seen once the valve body is removed as shown below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g64gz9sknp00ev2/sp-03-12.png?dl=0

I show a cost of around $60 for this sensor.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete