Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

How do you remove the inside panel of a X type Jaguar to

How do you remove the inside panel of a X type Jaguar to adjust the locking and opening of the door. The outside handle lifts right to the top before opening and now wont open at all

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

To remove the front door panels, there are two screws at the very bottom of the panel and another one in the middle of the panel its covered with a piece of plastic covering it pop it of with a screw driver and unscrew then its a case of popping the panel off

Once you have taken out the 3 screws, lie underneath the open door and pull the panel out a little.

Then look up with a light. You will see the plastic clips/fasteners that are holding the panel. These clips are strong so I would use a metal panel puller tool to remove them, the longer the better as there are some at the top of the panel.

There is one in the bottom right corner that should be removed first. Once this clip is removed you should be able to pull the panel out quite a bit and access the rest of the clips.

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thankyou for advice to get panel off now can you tell me is there anyway to adjust the operation of the outside door handle which is hardly working

there's no adjustment as such

but what normally happens is the metal rods that connect the interior and exterior handles to the lock mechanism are retained by plastic clips

over time these become brittle and snap off, which then allows the rod to wiggle out of place

usually a pair of small ty-wraps work well to lash the rod back into place