Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Have had car for 12 years had it converted to LPG 10 years

Customer Question

Have had car for 12 years had it converted to LPG 10 years ago recently would not switch to LPG. The system is a DreamXXI-N- G reducer/vapouriser type with output feed to SIX cylinders sequentially by it's ECU. I serviced this reducer/vapouriser unit with the full kit of filters ,diaphragms and seals only to still have the same fault. The beep noise from the gas/petrol swith with no switch(although all the led's operate! Took off the MAP sensor and tested the pressure switches with my meter whilst my wife sucked and blow'd on a tube which made no difference to it's resistence. A new MAP sensor enabled the car to run on gas for 5 minutes before the beep and switch back to petrol. The engine did sound sweet whilst on gas ! I did a complete erase of fault codes on the Jag EODB and now I can get 8 miles before it still switches back.....any ideas? I would be truly greatfull....... John B
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. sorry for any delay.

Dear ***** B, would you explain me your fault a little more accurately please? I get that the problem it is an indicative beep? or the problem is that the gas system suddenly stops working, automatically switching to petrol? or only the gas pump is activated? thank you.