Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

2010 XJL X351: I have a rattling noise from panoramic

Customer Question

2010 XJL X351: I have a rattling noise from panoramic sunroof blind, both fron and rear. I have lowered the headliner and have access to the drive assembly. What should be my next steps?
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Anyone here?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not trying to be pushy but I have been here for more than one hour
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is anyone looking at my problem
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it worth waiting?
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Tap on the blind assembly and track assembly and see if you can reproduce this noise. If you can see if you can look around the track assembly for anything loose or damaged causing this noise to occur. I have seen parts of the blind track worn that causes slack causing the noise you are hearing here on this. You will have to tap around on the track and blind assembly to see where the rattle is coming from to then locate and repair the cause of it. In some cases, this can take having an assistant to drive the vehicle with the headliner removed to then listen around for the rattle to then locate it.

In some cases, if this is part of the track that does not move or mounting bolts causing this rattle you can use foam tape to tape up the rattle area to resolve this fault.

But in a shop or dealer, this is how we would locate this rattle noise. I have had to replace complete track assemblies in some cases for issues like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Pete but this does not even remotely answer my question. Why would I drive around with the headliner removed? How would tapping the blind assembly change anything? We have a problem with the drive that moves the blinds. Looking at your response and the length of time it took to get it, I do not think we will ever get there
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not happy with your answer

Unfortunately, this is all of the info I have on this myself here.Others here may be able to help further on this with the information you need.I will opt out and open your question up to everyone else here to see if they can help with this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Anyone there?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What happened to my question?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have been here for over two hours. I also paid extra to get an answer within 30 minutes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Anybody out there?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please cancel everything
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
To obtain a faster response I booked Plus Membership Plan. Since I got no reply, please cancel that too and send me a quick confirmation