Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Having problem with intermittent fault with left turn

Customer Question

Having problem with intermittent fault with left turn indicators. Display shows bulb fault and same with left side rear brake light. Checked all bulbs and all are good.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Dear customer, could you clarify to me if the light that does not turn on is the turning light or the indicator on the dashboard, besides, have you verified all the fuses and relays located under the dashboard?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Sebastian, sorry not to have replies sooner. It's the l/hand rear turning light and the l/hand rear brake light.Stripped the car yesterday checking all fuses and relays relative to lights also wire harness and all checked okay. Removed the rear light cluster and checked it no obvious problem but large piece of solder dropped out but all lights worked. Also checked the light module but that appeared okay.
Reassembled everything and took car for test run deliberately selecting left turn route and everything worked perfectly. Great joy! Unfortunately on taking car out today it was back to the same old problem. Any suggestions as I would hate to have to replace the rear light panel, and/or the light module unit, and/or the steering column light switch. Any suggestions?

Dear customer, I would like you to carry out one more test. Being all the bulbs etc. assembled, I want you to move in a slightly abrupt manner the wiring near the controllers, in this way to verify if it is a problem in the wire loom or if it is a problem in the controller.
Do you understand me dear customer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I understand. Will do that and get back to you.

Great dear customer, i will wait your reply.

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Did you solve your problem?
Is there anything else i could help you?
​Regards, Sebastian