Gregg Lathem
Gregg Lathem,
Experience:  customer service representative at volt consulting group
103950778

Tried to jump start jaguar xf.failed as jump leads too

tried to jump start jaguar xf.failed as jump leads too small.bought a new battery and could not take iold one easily.. so dashed to shop to buy heavy duty ones.on return son had closed the boot with all batteries there,all terminals not connected,co car has no power at all.passenger does were open and we can get into car.IS THERE NO WAY OF STARTING IT FROM BONNET SIDE,we can open the bonnet.(battery teminals in boot and boot cant open)
Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: there is no source of power,battery disconnected and in boot and boot cant open as there is no power
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: want to know how to go about it

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'd like to help with the XF. Underneath the chrome trim that runs across the trunk there is button and just to the left of the button is a plastic cover. Remove the plastic cover and you can insert the key and open the trunk.

You will receive an automated prompt for a phone call. There is an additional fee for this and is NOT required. Continuing with the chat is perfectly fine.

If I don't immediately respond I am assisting another customer and will respond as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
bt its central locking and no key.push button to start
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no lets type

There is a key blade in your remote.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
kikiki yes just seen it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can you describe more where it is.when you standing behind car

There is a silver trim piece that says Jaguar - Underneath that trim piece in the middle.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh thanks let me check
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
seen it,black plastic with key symbol ,near number plate lights

Yes - use a screwdriver to remove the plastic cover.

It should have a slot on each side

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Gregg you just brilliant. thank you.will do that in the morning. l will give you 100%

You are most welcome. Should you have ANY additional questions regarding this issue - post back here and I will do all I can to assist. Have a great day !

100% Customer Satisfaction is my Goal.
If you are satisfied with the answers I have provided, your 5-star rating is greatly appreciated -
(Where the Stars are by “Rate My Service”).
If you are not satisfied or have any other questions please let me know and I will do
all I can to further assist.