JagDoc
JagDoc, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Jaguar Shop owner
14582033

My F type s V^ 380 V, Sorry ,screwed up last message! I have

My F type s V^ 380 V
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: Sorry ,screwed up last message! I have a 2016 F type s 3 litre V6. 3 years old and just 5000 miles on clock. It's already had 2 oil changes. My dealership still want to change the oil and filter after just 1,200 miles. Miles a mixture of local and distance. This seems crazy! What do you think?
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: May 2018. Car 2 years old then and mileage 3,100.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. There's no fixing to do. All work done by dealership (Warranty) But what I'm asking is it it really necessary to change oil and filter after just 1,200 miles since last done.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, the car is running perfectly.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

I'd would like to know if you have more than 6 months since your last oil replacement and if you have any mechanical faults as lost of power or smoke?

Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. As I've said the car is perfect. My Jaguar dealer wants to change the oil/filter but although it's 2 years since they did it the car has only done 1,200 miles. Mostly local but some distance journeys. Surely this is over-kill and bad for the environment and my pocket. An independent has said do it every 2 years (approx 2,500 miles.) What do you think? An early response would be appreciated as I'm in my 'Trial Period time'
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry,need to correct one thing. The oil change/ filter were replaced when the car came to 2 years old but that was obviously then the 2nd change. So changed May 2018.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** will be taking over as it appears the first expert isn't currently online. This is a pretty quick one though. No, you don't need to do a yearly change if you're only doing 1200mi/year, but I do recommend not to go more than 2 years. I do recommend at least having the car checked over for leaks, tire pressures, and other basic checks more often, however.

JagDoc, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Jaguar Shop owner
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****, wow it's so good to hear from someone who understands my very basic question. 4 times I've been replied to asking totally unrelated but same questions. Well done Jason,this is exactly the answer/reply I've been trying to get for the last few hours. I do take note of your other comments and yes,the car is to just have it's 1st MOT then third service at Jaguar dealership. They wanted to change the oil and filter again because it's obviously 1 year since they last did it but I really felt this was over the top for 1,200 miles. Think of my pocket and the environment! Full marks for your comments and advice.
Chris Lamb

Chris, the comments are appreciated. Happy to help on future questions.