CarDoc
CarDoc, Vehicle Technician
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

2.2 X Type Saloon, went into limp mode changed EDR valve and

2.2 X Type Saloon , went into limp mode changed EDR valve and sensor
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Cleaned out exhaust manifold no air leaks in turbo high milage car but still going into limp mode . the sensor that is part of EDR valve
JA: What year is your Saloon?
Customer: WJ 57 XBM
JA: Are you fixing your Saloon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No its in A reputsable Garage not Jag what I have Discribed is what they have done but now they are puzzled computer is a generic one they use not throwing up any more info
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi est waiting time 8 miutes has long since been and gone did you receive my query ??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you for using JA. I am one of the experts.

I guess you mean the EGR valve. What were the fault codes stored on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
showed that glow plug failure two days afterwards engine management light cam on .. do not know what other codes if any came up

Has the garage tested the glow plugs?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the turbo for air leaks and soaked and cleaned exhaust manifold

If you can get the fault codes, I can assist you further otherwise I will be speculating instead of actually helping. If the EML is on, there must be faults present and therefore, fault codes stored.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Would these codes be stored on a generic computer tester not a jaguar one will ask garage contact later

Any decent scan tool can read fault codes, I've used chinese brands in the past and have had no problems apart from the the scan tool altering the fault code slightly.

If you can get the fault codes, I will be available to assist you further.

If I am not online, just post the fault codes on this comment thread and I'll have a look and respond ASAP