experteer
experteer,
77184159

3 mnts ago i imported a5 reg jaguar xf r sport to Ireland

Hi, 3 mnts ago i imported a5 reg jaguar xf r sport to Ireland from UK. I dropped it into Jaguar dealers as it was showing the "incorrect diesel exhaust fluid quality detected message. X miles to no restarts. They said they ran some checks but couldn't find the error and suggested that the NOX sensor needs replacing at a cost of €943. I am shocked. How could it possibly cost that? I never got a low adblue notification. I topped up the ad blue and I managed to put in 9.5 litres suggesting there was 7 litres left so it was nothing to do with adblue quality. I took the car back from the garage and the warnings are gone. Did they just update the software of the sensor? Please help me if you can?
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: I don't know. They just mentioned the NOX sensor?
JA: What year is your XF?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I wouldnt have a clue around cars but I don't trust that quote?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not particularly. I've done 4k kilometers in 3 months. The car was drivng fine etc

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Low Adblue quality does not mean that AdBlue is empty or becomes empty.

AdBlue is a mixture of urea and water. In this mixture exactly 36.5% urea is dissolved. Now it is so that water can evaporate and thereby the concentration of urea can increase. Then the Adblue quality is too low.

Go there the message is now away is times further and look whether the problem occurs again. If not, you have changed the concentration of the urea by refilling in the right direction. However, it takes a while until the old mixture is out of the pipes to the injection nozzle for the urea. Therefore the delay between filling up and disappearing of the error.

If the problem comes up again, the NOX sensor should be replaced first if the system is working properly.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Dear customer, I hope I have been able to help you solve your problem. I would be very pleased to receive feedback in the form of a positive rating, which you can give very quickly and easily via the rating stars (3-5 stars). If you still need help with this problem, don't hesitate to ask for more free questions. To do so, please simply continue with the previous question history using the text box at the bottom. Thank you very much for using JustAnswer Your Experteer