experteer
experteer,
77184159

My key fob for my jag xf sportbrake stopped working a few

Hi there my key fob for my jag xf sportbrake stopped working a few weeks back. I managed to get it started via the satellite box under the fog lights. Then ordered two new ones through a jag garage specialist. When they tried to programme the new fobs after an hour or so they said there is a monitor of some sort in the boot that isn't responding and will need to order a new part. So on top of the keys costing me £250 a pop I now need to firm out another£350 for this part? Can anyone help shed some light? Is there a way around this?
Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know what size fuse it needs?
Customer: In the fob? No I haven’t checked I sort of parked it and wanted to educate myself. Where would I check ?
Assistant: What year is your XF?
Customer: 2013
Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far I’ve had this feedback and now seeking another opinion to see if that my only option the guy said it might not be 100% the reason why the key isn’t programming
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s all I know for now

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

No, I don't think they can get around exchanging the part. The part the workshop wants to replace is the receiver and processing module for the fob.

This part allows the car to recognize the fob from a greater distance than the stellite box under the fog lights.

The workshop could clearly have checked a bit more deeply if it was really the fob or something else that was causing the problem. But from experience I can say that the fob is the cause of a problem like yours in about 90% of the cases. That will probably be the reason why the workshop did not check any further.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.