experteer
experteer,
77184159

Ross, I have a 2008 Jaguar xtype 2.2 diesel automatic.

Hi Ross, I have a 2008 Jaguar xtype 2.2 diesel automatic. Recently the gearbox fault came up and went into limp mode. Parked the car for a few hours and works again with any problems. But after a day it happened again. However I went into the garage and got codes read. The P1700 came up Transmission indeterminate failure. Also P132B and C1300 but after clearing all only the P1700 came back. Any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance,
Peter

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

The error code C1300 is quite interesting here. It describes an ESP/ ABS problem or the connection failure of the communication.

This can also cause the other two errors.

Therefore it should be checked if the data bus or the wiring harness between the ECUs in the engine compartment is ok. However, this is a job for a workshop because it requires measurement technology and the appropriate circuit diagrams to have.

If the wiring harness is ok, the control unit or the connection between automatic control unit and transmission should be examined.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the prompt response. I was suspecting the transmission fluid. So that's not the issue I guess?

It is possible, but actually there are messages that the gear oil is too hot or that one of the solenoid valves inside the gearbox has a problem.

But as I said before, you can't exclude it 100%.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what about corroded battery cables or the battery itself. Could that also effect these readings?

No, I don't think so. You'd have more electrical problems with the car.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. Hopefully the Mechanic can sort the issue now

You´re welcome

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No worries. May I come back to you if I have anymore questions?

Yes of course

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just one more question. Could the p1700 code be related to the selector motor fault?

Possible, the Fehelrcode P1700 is a very general code, it just says that some circuit on the gearbox / gearbox control unit/ wiring harness of the gearbox control unit is not working properly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hence it is going to be a nightmare to figure it out

Yes, unfortunately this is no problem where you can say part x or y exchange.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mechanic confirmed its not the gearbox. Huge relief. But needs to investigate further what sends the wrong information to the gearbox. Hope it's just a damaged wire ��

Next, the mechanic should check the data bus lines to see if they are ok.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Car is done it was a broken wire. It was mainly the labour cost. Not too bad thank God

Thanks for your response!