Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

X type 2.2 diesel 2009 runs fine when air temp below 19/20

Hi x type 2.2 diesel 2009 runs fine when air temp below 19/20 degrees but when air warmer, it hunts when cruising around 1800 rpm. This happens when engine hot or cold .just seems to be a air temp thing . Have cleaned the maf sensor. hunting goes when decelerate or accelerate . Apart from this runs fine. also run some injector cleaner through too
JA: Does the engine stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration?
Customer: No stalling nothing during acceleration . Only when cruising at said rev range
JA: What is the model of your '09 Jaguar?
Customer: 2.2 diesel se
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cleaned injectors and maf sensor
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only what I said at top
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please find an expert
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi is anyone going to answer?
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like an answer if possible. If you cannot find one then please refund my money and close my account thank you
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your question, I see you have been waiting a while for an answer and i can only apologise that one the experts working did not pick it earlier.

My name is Steve and I am a fully qualified technician with 30 years experience, I will try and help you.

If not already done so it would be good to get any codes and the data read from the ECU, reading off the data you will be able to see if the various temperature sensors are reading correctly.

One particular sensor which is often overlooked is the cylinder head temperature sensor, this is particularly difficult to access, and although it does not often flag up a code it may be the source of your problem.

another possible reason for the problem may be due to a faulty EGR valve, and this may be sticking at higher air temperatures, this would also give the symptoms you have. If not already done so I would try using a EGR cleaner through the system.

I would also suggest disconnecting the MAF sensor and driving the vehicle to see if the problem disappears, when the MAF is disconnected the ECU sets the parameters to a fixed unit, if the engine does run well with the MAF disconnected it can indicate one of two things, either the MAF is faulty or the information received is conflicting with the information from the other sensors.

As you will appreciate their are quite a possibilities to the problem you have and I have tried to suggest the most likely. I hope this helps and let me apologise again that your question wasn't picked up earlier.

I hope this answers your question and if it does please click accept and rate me. this will allow me to continue.

Even after clicking accept I will be able to answer any further questions.

Many Thanks

Steve

Stephen Rothwell,
Experience: Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Steve I’ll give the egr a clean and try the mad sensor trick , only thing is the air temp is pretty cold now . Sod’s law thanks though

No worries, do get back to me if I can help further.

Best Regards

Steve

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do cheers

Thank you for the rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No problem