sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a high mileage 2.0D X-type Sovereign estate and would

Customer Question

Hi, I have a high mileage 2.0D X-type Sovereign estate and would like to raise the suspension slightly, since I occasionally carry heavy loads and drag a small lightweight caravan. Can I fit 2.5 V6 road springs, since these 4WD cars seem to have a higher ride height?
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the Jaguar?
Customer: No leaks, the springs are just tired I think.
JA: What year is your X-Type?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, with help. Haven't tried anything yet, so just investigating.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, don't think so.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, yes I’m still keen for an answer so that I can plan my work on the car.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
Dear customer, you just would like to lift up your X-type a few inches?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Sebastian,
Yes, my estate car is rather low and I’d like to know if I can use new springs designed for use on 2.5/3.0V6 models which have a higher ride height due to their 4wd configuration. Do these springs fit please?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer, you can adjust certain suspension kits, there are severals in the market like this ones:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-JAGUAR-X-TYPE-2001-2009-NEW-2x-FRONT-SHOCK-ABSORBER-SET-2-X-COIL-SPRINGS/123244075656?fits=Car+Make%3AJaguar%7CModel%3AX-Type&epid=2063240637&hash=item1cb1eb5a88:g:wKcAAOSwmT1bRc8x

But dear customer I would recommend you use special rubbers that can be installed in the base of the suspension where the spiral fits and in this way you can increase the height of your x-type but without making such a large investment.

This rubber can be found in any rubber house at a much cheaper price than having to replace the entire kit.

Do you understand me dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!