sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 59 plate XJ is now asking for a radio code after having

Customer Question

My 59 plate XJ is now asking for a radio code after having the shocks replaced. I don't have one in my documents, so how can I get my multimedia working again?
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Yes, no luck.
JA: Are you fixing your XJ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, the work was done in my local garage. I just tried '0000' & '1111'.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, is your radio the origianl or aftermakrket version?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, it is the original multimedia screen with climate, sat nav, telephone & cd players/radio.

Dear customer, thanks for your reply as it is the original one. You can try first the following.

Press and hold the following buttons to bypass your Jaguar X-Type or S-Type radio code not sure if this works on the sat nav versions

Turn your ignition on so raido comes up it will say code so to bypass it do the following.

Press & hold skip track 》 A.mem & PTY as the same time this can be awkward.

Then the screen will change from code to welcome.

In case this won't work, you can locate your VIN number and call to the dealership, they will ask you about your VIN and some other question to prove the car's ownership and then with 30 second they will provide you the radio code.

Please let me know if this worked.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That only works on 'x' types, not the 'XJ'. I did try it & it did not work. I phoned my local Jaguar dealershup, who gave it to me free of charge.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Great dear customer, the dealership always give it for free, that's why i told to call them.
i am glad it is sorted now.
best regards, Sebastian.