sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Strange thing, when my bonnet is usualy closed ABS light

Customer Question

Hi strange thing
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: when my bonnet is usualy closed ABS light appears on the board
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: when I release the bonner from the passenger side it's OFF and dirves well with all lights off
JA: What year is your Jaguar?
Customer: Jaguar X-type 2.2D 2008 yea
JA: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced rear left wheel bearing and sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: but I believe that is a short with bonnet sensos(on/off) and gear box cable
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer

Dear customer, it seems to be a false contact in the switch or sensor of the bonnet, it is something strange because tried to think of a similarity in the wiring but could not get one, my recommendation is that you do a wiring check following the wiring of the bonnet switch following the continuity of the wiring, we will be able to see in which section is split or burned the wiring, this kind review is good to do it through an oscilloscope to be more specific.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Sebestian,
Thanks for reply.. Hmm where I can do that wiring check? I have no any specific devices to do that..

Without the proper equipment the only way to verify is visually, but it is very cumbersome and you need at least a tester or multimeter.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
there in UK exists a place where I can leave my car for that?

Any auto electrician should be able to do de job not only the dealership dear customer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Alright thanks!

Dear customer, a pleasure to serve you.