sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Jaguar XF 2008 3.0 petrol the gears are slipping

Customer Question

Hi I have a Jaguar XF 2008 3.0 petrol the gears are slipping when I use the gear box selector bit work great when I use the paddles
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: start same as usual same gas usage as before
JA: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have taken off the battery for 30 mins to reset the car no change
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am confused the question I asked is the same as one that is on google stating you answer it in 15 mins that’s why I paid my fee I have no choice but to wait
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer it seems to be a problem with the automated gearbox, what happens is that when we use the paddles basically the changes are manual or we decide at what time to make the changes but when we use the selector the computer makes the changes automatically, it is possible that there are problems at the level of the transmission module that is causing the changes are not done correctly, it is good to check the diagnosis to check what is happening at the level of the transmission.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi I had it checked today the error code is P1707 but I was also told there was no guarantee that it was the gear selector box as it could be due to the brake switch have you ever heard of that causing this issue thanks

Dear customer, this error code is a bit complicated to diagnose because it simply means that the gear selector is not entering the neutral position and it can indeed be a malfunction in the gear selector of the gearbox. It needs to be checked several times.