Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have a damaged drivers manual fold wing mirror on my

Customer Question

I have a damaged drivers manual fold wing mirror on my Jaguar XF 2015 can I fit a power one as a straight replacement
JA: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i was going to try and fix it myself by buying a used part
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Kevin my name is how
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry Kevin my name is Joe
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.
Hi Joe I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear that your mirror is damaged and I totally understand hie frustrating this is. The power mirror will fit but won’t plug into the connector so you won’t be able to adjust the mirror and the repeater wont work
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I take it the electric adjust meant if the mirror would also not work then either without.changing the connector?
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.
Correct
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thankyou for your help I will search for a non power fold unit.
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.

you are very welcome