sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

JUST PURCHASED A 2017 jAGUAR 2.0L XF, THE MAIN BATTERY

Customer Question

jUST PURCHASED A 2017 jAGUAR 2.0L XF, THE MAIN BATTERY (UNDER THE SPARE WHEEL) I has been load tested and is fully charged, but the Stop/Start system refuses to work. I have read that the battery and the com[uyer sysem should be able to address each other, but this is currently above my head. Any clers plrasr?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Tested with a voltmeter, not leaking and looks like new.
JA: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took it to Halfordstoday (sorry!),where they load tested it.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Purchased car last week, runs as sweet as a nut, except stop/start and fuel economyn is around 2/3 of where it should be.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

dear customer every time we replace the battery or the computer detects a voltage drop in the battery the system disable the start/stop assist, in my opinion I believe that in the agency where you bought your Jaguar they could have replaced the battery or disconnected the battery this could have caused the computer to disable this system, to re-enable it you simply have to reset the data, do not worry the agency where you made the purchase will help you with this and will not charge you for it.