Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Mike and thanks. I have the M37 fuse pop issue on my 08

Hi Mike and thanks. I have the M37 fuse pop issue on my 08 rubicon. it occurs when the brake pedal is released and engages the stop switch. I replaced the switch and still it pops when the pedal raises to engage the switch.

Additional info: This fuse is 10 amp and has the brake switch circuit, ABS, Electronic Stability Program, and fuel pump on it.

Hello and Welcome..

You have done the right thing really in replacing the switch - that speedily rules that out. ( or in)

As its not the cause you have to trace / look "manually" for faults in the wiring - for it to be blowing the fuse, it can only be a crossed connection / short to earth or bared / trapped wire in the circuit.
I suggest to start at the rear lights - check the connectors - remove them and check for bad connections / also bulbs.. check them too - and if you have had one or more replaced of late - check its the correct bulb - a common cause of this !

If you dont find it there - then its checking back - but before you do - check then wiring at the brake light switch - often it will chaff on the steering column column / pedals.. Working through like this you will find it. Here is a wiring diagram of that model should you need....

Let me know if you need anything else at all.. If you do get back to me, I will get back to you asap thereafter. I will be on later if you do need anything.

>>> Meantime , please do now at this point, click on the "Excellent ratings" for me... I really appreciate that and Thank you....

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Sorry to take long to get back with you. I have rated your service and hope all is well.

The problem ended up being a brake controller for operation of trailer brakes installed by a previous owner was connected with, what I have always heard called, suit case connectors. I completely uninstalled this, put in a fresh 10 amp fuse and we are good. Took her up to the mountains today. Was a good day.

I appreciate the help and service.

Hello there George -

That would certainly do it for you George - Im glad you got there in the end -- Thank you very much for the rating -and letting me know the outcome.

You are welcome back anytime should you ever need anything..

Best Rgds, MIKE.