How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask indy-tech Your Own Question
indy-tech, Technician
Category: Jeep
Satisfied Customers: 7396
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
Type Your Jeep Question Here...
indy-tech is online now

I have recently acquired a 4.2 grand cherokee and I need to

Customer Question

Hi guys I have recently acquired a 4.2 grand cherokee and I need to replace pipe from reservoir on power steering but I am told not available by dealer, but I also believe a modified version should be available. Car is 53 plate.
Any ideas? Scrap approach may not be a route as anything likely faulty as well.Thanks john
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 7 months ago.

i John .

If you are having a problem with finding this part then send it to a hydraulic hose repair shop .

All they do is remove your old hose from the metal fitting and replace the hose .

For example Pirtek hydraulic hose and fittings .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The issue is not the pipe but the seals in the metal connection. The pipe could even be spliced if required.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 7 months ago.

John can you post me a photo please of the part you need.

Cheers Greg