indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

I have a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel and am having

Hi, I have a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel and am having trouble with the clutch engagement.
When I stop at a junction and start again it takes a few seconds for the car to move as if there is a delay in the clutch engaging. The engine revs and suddenly jumps forward.
Trying to hook up a trailer is difficult, the Jeep lurches backwards all of a sudden and I have to brake with my left foot to try and control this.
I took the Jeep to a main dealer for a service last week and mentioned this, they said that they had wired it up for analysis and found no problem. The car still has one year of warranty left and I’m sure it should not behave like this. What are your thoughts and suggestion to remedy this?
Regards ***** *****
Wired it up for analysts???
This is a pure Mechanica problem.
Looks like the clutch is releasing late
Due to a defective pressure plate ?
You need to take this Jeep to anther more responsible dealerships.
You are still under warranty this is why they are most likely stalling .
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me.
Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Greg, thanks for your reply. I was not aware that there is a pressure plate in an automatic box! Could you please give me more detail on this so that I can approach the dealership mechanics with confidence and knowledge.
Regards Emrys.

Okay wait a moment i thought you had a manual transmission when you said clutch .

This changes the story completely so sorry about this .

Now slow engagement with an automatic could be a number of issue, but with not having

any malfunction codes would point me towards low fluid level .

Have te level checked and condition of the fluid ,should be a nice clear red fluid to a clear light brown .

if dark brown to black then the plates are warn.

This looking all good the fluid line pressure will have to be tested for correct line pressure .

But a Jeep built and sold in 2016 will still have a warranty ..

Greg

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Greg, the Jeep has only covered 15000 miles and was serviced last week, I’ll check the transmission fluid just in case. Is it possible to adjust the functioning of the transfer box electronically? Would a re- mapping help?
Thanks Emrys.

Transmission can be reset with the dealer level scan tool "Reset the adaptive shifting"

Greg