sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have 3 lights on my dashboard. ABS, 4WD, traction control.

Customer Question

I can't find anyone who has a suitable scanner.
My jeep is a Jeep Patriot 2010 plate.
It has done 48000 miles.
Any ideas what to do?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Is any kind of failure generated? You can also tell me where you are located to see if I can help you locate agarage that can help you with a diagnostic equipment, anyway I want to leave you a procedure that you can perform to restart the ECU and thus turn off the indicators:

I will proceed to tell you how to restart your Jeep

1) Proceed first to turn the switch/key or leave the key in the ON position, just before starting the engine.
2) Go to the battery and disconnect ONLY THE NEGATIVE TERMINAL of the battery, leaving the positive connected
3) Wait a few seconds approximately 3 minutes, this rules out all electrical systems

4) Reconnects the battery terminal leaving both connected

5) Remove the suiche from the key

6) Re-start the vehicle.
Please let me know if the manual reset works or if i should help you finding the garage or technician.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Your welcome dear customer, please do not forget to rate my service by selecting at the 5 stars rating system at the top of your screeen. My goal is to give you the best help i can.
Regards, Sebastian