sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I would Like to change my Jeep Manual to Automatic. Its Jeep

Customer Question

Dear SirI would Like to change my Jeep Manual to Automatic.Its Jeep Wrangler 2.5 production date 1993Can you please let me know if its possible.Kind regards
Sheida
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear Sheida, I understand your query, I am a jeep lover. I own a Liberty 2002.
Let me tell you the automatic models are different from the manual ones in many aspects, The automatic models have a module that works like a computer that is the one in charge of detecting the revolutions and gears to make the changes, the manual models do not have this modules, the dashboard of the automatic models is also different from the dashboard of the manual models, since the automatic models on the dashboard tell you if you are in , R, D, N etc. The manual models do not have this, also the shift lever is different and the automatic models have more wire looms and more wires than the manual models among other characteristics that also vary from one model to another.

As you can note dear customer, make a change from manual model to an automatic model is a bit complex but not impossible. It is POSSIBLE, but the expenses are important. a good idea would be great that you will find an equal but automatic commander with all the components of an automatic gearbox (electric, mechanic etc). To be able to make the change would be the most advisable becasue buying piece by piece can be really expensive.

Have you understood me dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform and if you wish you can let a comment for the service.

Even after you rate, we can keep in touch to further queries in this chat.

Regards, Sebastian.