sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee 4.7 RHD The front left window

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee 4.7 RHD The front left window channel had to be changed. The door card was removed and the part ordered. There was then a delay as the mechanic had an accident. Two weeks later he attempts fitting the part and finds the battery flat. This gets charged and everything seems fine, the car runs. He needs to lower the window to fit the channel. None of the windows work from their own switches or the main switch on the driver's door. Also although the central locking works on 3 doors and the tailgate, it doesn't lock or unlock the driver's door. Any idea what has gone wrong? thanks Pete
Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is in a workshop and so far the mechanic has tried locking and unlocking the doors with the fob and manually with the driver's door
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything Pearl
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am still needing an answer Nicola, thanks for your efforts Pete
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 days ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 days ago.

Hello, I'm Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, it's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
Dear customer, have the technican checked the solenoids of the door so far?

Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No Sebastian, he was thinking it was something to do with the alarm as all the windows are effected and just the one door doesn't lock. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry Jose. I read Sebastian as your Christian name

No worries dear customer.
Have the car been scanned so far? if so, what error codes did it show?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
He only has a very basic scanner which doesn't show any fault codes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 days ago.

Dear customer, I am sorry for my delay, this weekend I had to solve some personal issues.

I understand your query to answer first your query as to how to lower the glass to install the new piece (this is what I understand) if the window does not go down by any means proceed to dismantle the door upholstery, check the wiring loomsi , for the year of the vehicle, it is normal for the wiring to get cut, gets sulfated or split, so it is the first thing to verify, if you only want to move the glass you can connect a battery directly to the motor glass door , if the motor rotates to raise the glass Simply invert the poles of the battery in this way the glass will go down.

Do you understand dear customer?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi Jose, yes I understand your email and will check out the wiring. I'm sure I can get the window down the fit the new channel and back up again but, what then? All he did to cause the problem was to remove the door trim, unless the battery going flat had some effect? Also why do all of the doors lock except the right front which hasn't been touched at all? Anyway I'll look at what you suggest, thanks for your help. Pete

Dear customer What happens is that this jeep model with the pass of the time, it develop this type of problems in the gates and windows, I own a Liberty 2002 and this type of faults is common with the pass if the years.
About the front door that does not want to block may be due to three factors
1 The mechanism is defective
2 The wiring is split, melted or corroed
3 The centralized locking module is not giving the correct signal.
So, this parts have to be checked.
Do you understand dear Customer?