Jeep Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
Hi; My Name is ***** ***** I would love to assist you today with this issue.
Can you answer these 2 questions in the meantime and I will try and determine how to help:
1. Have you towed anything with the Jeep lately or in the passed? If so what?
2. Does the whining noise go and come back if you change speeds slightly with the accelerator pedal ?
Thank you for your reply. I am trying to acertain if the noise is more of a 'gear' whin or a high digital beeping pitch ?
If you think it is an electronic type noise then we can try and reset the Jeeps ECU (computer). You can do this by doing the following:
1. Disconnect the battery by disconnecting the Negative connector cable first.
2. Then disconnect the Positive cable.
3. Wait for 2-3minutes then connect the Positive first - then Negative.
4. Turn on your Vehicle.
This should reset all ECU parameters and sensors. Please note that it could take a few minutes to a few days for everything to be restored in the Unit but this should be a good test for the noise - IF it is an electronic issue.
If you feel that the noise is more mechanical (like a vacuum cleaner sound) - Then it could be the issues with the Rear Diff and pinion gears or low fluid in these gears.
That is great news that you found the problem. It can be so frustrating not finding issues like that. Please don't forget to rate my service to you. Even though we did not supply you with the solution this time, we are always here to try and assist you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance today. :)