experteer
experteer,
77184159

We bought a Cherokee SW Special Edition 2.2 Multijet 200

Hi we bought a Cherokee SW Special Edition 2.2 Multijet 200 75th Anniversary 5dr Auto from brand new 2016, turbo went at 16k miles and has just gone again at 41K - they want +6k to replace- this time the Jeep garage is telling us the cat converter potentially has been damaged as well - the car isn’t hammered it is never off roaded - One turbo is unlucky but one has lasted 16k miles the other 25k are they not meant to last ?
JA: What year is your Cherokee?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, it got towed to the Jeep dealer where we bought it just as they went in to lock down for Corona V
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so -

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

I am now dealing with your question, I will be back in this chat in a few minutes.

No, the turbochargers must last much longer. A turbocharger is designed for about 100k-150k miles.

The cause must lie elsewhere. Since the garage already says that the particulate filter is full, I assume that a lack of regeneration of the filter has caused damage to the new turbocharger.

The workshop should check again if chips in the oil were not the cause. If not, the particulate filter should be replaced or sent to EliteDPF.co.uk for cleaning (this is cheaper and the filter comes back with the same quality as a replacement filter).

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.