sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

O6pajero sport replaced engine have noticed engine very hot

Customer Question

O6pajero sport replaced engine have noticed engine very hot but temp gauge normal
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: No leaks
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: Mitsubishi pajero sport 06
JA: Are you fixing your Pajero yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Got total engine rebuild was €2600
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 12 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today can we start from the start what was the original reason you replaced the engine.

Due to time reasons I will have to opt out and let another expert take over regards Gavin.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 12 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, you have to be very careful with the temperature of the engine, I cannot tell you from my position if it is overheating or not, but I can explain how to check if the temperature sensor could be working incorrectly.

You can use any error code reader that allows you to enter the live data stream, although the ideal would be to use a diagnostic tool with Mitsubishi software, we will go to the live data stream reading and we will check the status from the temperature sensor signal, the maximum temperature it can reach is between 94 and 97 degrees.

We have to validate that the temperature rises and falls according to the switching on of the cooling fan, if it is working normally within these ranges you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise you will have to replace the temperature sensor.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is it a expensive fix

No dear costumer this is not an expensive repair.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Radiator hot after short trip today but no loss of coolant in rad or reservoir temp needle is at half as normal will change sensor would there be any other cause

Dear customer, if it is hotter than normal, it is likely that you have a long time without cleaning it, the radiator is washed with a special chemical bath, it might also be that the thermostat is sticking, I recommend that you check both components and If the problem persists, replace the coolant pump, but the problem is most likely to be found either in the radiator or in the thermostat.

Anyway, check the sensor as I have indicated.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your advice
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Kind regards, Sebastian.