How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert Your Own Question
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Category: Kia
Satisfied Customers: 4716
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
Type Your Kia Question Here...
Robert is online now

Hi, someone has caught the bumper on my kia sportage ( 2005

Customer Question

Hi, someone has caught the bumper on my kia sportage ( 2005 ) and has pulled the bumper off on passenger side, it has also put a hole in a plastic box located behind the bumper, on passenger side, what is this box, no idea what its called or why its there, and is it possible to drive the car until i can get this box replaced? dont want to do any further damage to the car.
Many thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.



Hopefully i can help..


In regards XXXXX XXXXX box are there any hoses or wiring going to it?


Any numbers or labels on the box?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't see any wires, there's a rigid tube/pipe coming from the top, nothing else going in or out as far as I can see!
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.



Sorry forgot to ask :- Is this the Front bumper or Rear bumper?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Front bumper
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..there..Sorry for delay seems system lagging a bit today?


Ok..i have checked through all the main parts catalogue for that sportage model over that year 05 -2010 /repair manual and as of yet cant seem to match exactly what the box is your refering too sadly..However if the tube as you say is rigid then It could most likly air intake related if the tube is of a larger diameter in size as appossed to smaller diameter pipe work etc..If you sure no fluid came out of that then i think that could well be what it is..since i cant really see it being the washer fluid tank as thats on the drivers side..Without actually seeing / trace that pipe section work back or get numbers from it - to maybe match it further then thats about all i can think it could be..if thats the case then the car should still be driveable in the mean time if its intake system related..