Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.

I have a kia sorento 2006 manual petrol. It hesitates on acceleration,

I have a kia sorento 2006 manual petrol. It hesitates on acceleration, sometimes. There is occasionally what appears to be a tiny misfire noticeable at motorway speeds. It starts fine first time. There is no overheating. This has been going on for some months. I booked it in for another investigation at kia on the weekend. Just before going in the engine light came on. the mechanic diagnosed a faulty connection on the one of the spark plugs. We subsequently changed the two leads. All ok for the first 50 k then the light came on again along with the jerking again. So its going in again to the dealer. Any ideas?
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a fuel injector that is not firing correctly which will also set this code.
The best way to diagnose a faulty injector is to a power balance test performed on the vehicle. This is a common issue on these vehicles.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

I'm in Greece trying to find a garage who will have a look at the item you mentioned it is a bit trying out here!!!

No problem, thank you.