Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Hyundai and Kia tech
29331485

I have a 2017 Sportage 1.7CRDI. I fitted aftermarket wheels

Hello,I have a 2017 Sportage 1.7CRDI. I fitted aftermarket wheels yesterday as I need winter tyres for work and intend on keeping the car so splashed out a lot of money. TPMS system warning light on, have been to a dealer and had the explanation as to why this has happened.
1. I have been looking at OEM sensors for the wheels as they are cheaper but I am wondering if the system will recognize them?2. there is also now an buzzer going off when I brake or indicate that started just after the wheels were changed. I am thinking that this is from the Kia fitted towbar but cant get why it has just happened now? Would it have moved something when i jacked up the car?

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Was the original sensors kept on the wheels when you replaced the tyres or did you replace tyres and wheels .

If the sensors where not reused with the new tyres then you will have this issue as the management system is not receiving any signals from the wheel TPMS sensors .

If you did replace wheel and tyres (winter) then from the original tyres have the sensor fitted in the new set .

If you buy new sensors you will have to have them programmed .??

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Greg. Bit of a bummer, but what I expected. Pity the don't plug and play.

That would be nice believe me, i had to fork out a lot of cash special equipment to take care of this issue lol.

Rgds Greg