Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Heater motor is not working Assistant: Have you checked to

Customer Question

Heater motor is not working
Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: The blower does not turn on
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: Kia venga 2010
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Call Aa and was told the motor needs replacement and my mechanic will charge £600 to fix it
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes first the my mechanic change the resistor and now the problem is the motor
Category: Kia
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The heater fan motor, unfortunately, is a common component to fail to need to be replaced.I would have the wiring signals tested to the motor to make sure this is the cause here first before having it replaced.Then from there, you can check around with other repair facilities to see what they would charge to replace it to see if you can find it cheaper or try and find a used or after market fan motor to make it cheaper for the mechanic to replace.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where is the heater motor located for my Kia venga 2010

My info isn't showing the exact location of this motor.Usually, on most models, it is located under the dash on the passenger side.It would have a round shaped motor to it and some screws holding it to the heater box usually at the bottom of the heater box and a two or three wire connector plugged into it.In most cases, it is the underside of the dash on the passenger side.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete