sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a sportage 2005 when i stop the car and turn it of, i

Customer Question

i have a sportage 2005
when i stop the car and turn it of, i cannot turn it on again without waiting 30mn/1hour.
do you gave a idea about that?
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
now he stop when iam driving and i need to wait for turn it on again
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 4 months ago.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i still waiting for a answer then
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but tell me i paid 20£ for that kind of answer ?
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Yes, correct.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Dear customer, I would like a little more information please to reduce the possibilities that may be happening in your vehicle for example I would like to know what maintenance have you done, the mileage and the kind of fuel your car use.
in addition if you have replaced any part and if you have scanned the car.
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The car got 87000 miles,use diesel,i got the car for 14 months and the seller tell me to have made normal maintenance. In the car they change a cam sensor to try to resolve rhe problem

Dear customer, I understand the cam sensor that you normally replace does not cause this kind of problems in which the vehicle shuts down and it takes time to turn on, this type of problem mainly occurs when there is lack of maintenance in the fuel system or air intake system.
The first thing to do is a replacement of the fuel filters, if your model has a fuel cell/battery stack in the fuel tank, it is very likely that this will need to be replaced as it is a common failure when we present problems in it, If your model does not have cell. you must disassemble the injection pump and make a good review including the injectors.

About for the air intake system this fault is also like when the turbo has defects, so I also recommend you to perform a good revision to the turbo, finally the camshaft sensor works with another sensor known as the crankshaft sensor or CKP when this sensor has a defect If the vehicle shuts down, because this sensor regulates the injection timing to the cylinders, it is good that you also check it.
Finally the pump relay if it is defective. Also turn off the vehicle so it is good locate it and check it and verify if it does not have some kind of problems like that it gets hotter than usual, this relay is located in the engine compartment in the relay/fuse box located there.

Dear customer these are the aspects that may be causing your problem, I recommend you verify it. Have you understood me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Even after you rate, we can keep in touch to further queries in this chat.
Regards, Sebastian.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 months ago.

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Did you solve your problem?
Is there anything else i could help you?
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 3,4 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform and i can recive credit for my time.
Thank you very much.
​Regards, Sebastian