sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

What is life time of kia sportage diesel engine im buying

Customer Question

what is life time of kia sportage diesel engine
im buying one with 127000 miles on clock is this to high
Category: Kia
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, it's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.

Dear customer, it depends according to its good maintenance, do you know about the car's record of services and maintenances?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no just 80000 on clock
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer, forgive me for this delay in communicating with you, the weekends are complicated for me to be on the platform,observing your query, I would like to explain to you that an engine life depends more on the made maintenance rather than the duration, the Sportage diesel engine can last up to 250,000 to 500,000 km (155K miles to 310K miles), explaining a little better I can tell you that, replacing the oils punctually every 5 thousand km(3k Miles) or before, replacing every certain mileage the kit according to the manufacturer's specifications, not using additives, using the appropriate fuel, making the replacing of air and fuel filters, cleaning the tank and throttle body among other things. Among other maintenance, this is what gives life to the engine and not only to the engine, also to the gearbox, to the brakes to everything dear customer, because of this it is necessary to follow meticulously the recommendations of the dealerships because those are the ones given by the manufacturer.

Do you understand me dear customer?

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Is there anything else i could help you?
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 3,4 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much.
​Regards, Sebastian