sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Sedona 08 2.9 CDI. Have to keep on trickle charger overnight

Customer Question

Sedona 08 2.9 CDI. Have to keep on trickle charger overnight as locks click constantly but do not actually allow doors to be opened. However, the constant clicking drains the battery in 2 days. Also, the doors will sometimes lock auto on turning ignition on. Kia have tested but cannot diagnose fault despite I have shown them the car locking itself as described ?? Any thoughts please
Category: Kia
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, have they checked the central locking module programming?
As well as its wiring?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, just connected to diagnostic kit and monitored overnight re battery drain.

Dear customer, it is very likely that you have a defect in the central locking module.

The main characteristics are that it is evidently presenting failures in the central locking system but the diagnostic equipment has not been able to receive erroneous signals. This is because the centralized locking module is giving correct signals with a malfunction, usually when the problems are most of the programs or configurations are due to the fact that the modules give erroneous signals and data through the diagnostic equipment and the programming consists in a restoration of the factory data, which is very likely that the garage has already tried.

But in your particular case the module is not deconfigured or deprogrammed but therefore it is defective, therefore the diagnostic equipment does not restore the factory data and does not throw erroneous data either. The problem is that this module is always somewhat expensive and I do not know if in the dealership they will be able to install a test module as sometimes,I as a technician do before proceeding to replace some electronic module of the vehicle safely.
Basically, the central locking module is responsible for the opening and closing of the door locks. This is a module located under the dashboard and is a module that works by receiving the control signals and directly from the dashboard.

Do you understand me dear customer?