experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have a 06 kia sportage 2L Disel every so often it cuts out

Customer Question

I have a 06 kia sportage 2L Disel every so often it cuts out and won't start I usually have to leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes and away it goes again just after changing the fuel filter in it and still the same any ideas on what could be rong are most welcome thanks in advance
Category: Kia
Expert:  experteer replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

The behavior is actually typical for a defective crankshaft sensor.

The sensor is usually located in the area of the gearbox, as it reduces the speed of the flywheel. In some engines it also points to the crankshaft pulley.

This expands when the engine gets warm and contracts again when the engine cools down.

Over time a loose contact can occur. As soon as the sensor is too warm it can come to a failure. The car starts up again when the engine has cooled down a little.

I would suspect the error there most likely.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Expert:  experteer replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer, I hope I have been able to help you solve your problem. I would be very pleased to receive feedback in the form of a positive rating, which you can give very quickly and easily via the rating stars (3-5 stars). If you still need help with this problem, don’t hesitate to ask for more free questions. To do so, please simply continue with the previous question history using the text box at the bottom. Thank you very much for using JustAnswer YourCustomer