Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

I keep getting air in my clutch hydraulics after

Hi, I keep getting air in my clutch hydraulics after approximately 700 miles. I have changed clutch master cylinder, regulator and slave cylinder. Also changed all clutch kit and folk. I have a kia cee'd 1.6 crdi 2014. When I bleed it, it goes perfect
Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: No it doesn't slip, just after 600 miles or so if becomes difficult to shift in to gears particularly 1st and reverse
Assistant: Are you fixing your 600 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, getting garage to bleed it. As stated fitted all parts
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that covers everything. I just want to speak to a mechanic that has been able to resolve this problem on either the kia 1.6 crdi or the Hyundai 1.6 crdi, from year 2012 onwards

Hi my name is Gavin can I help you with this ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, please do thanks
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, I prefer conversation over texts thanks

It is a expensive nightmare when this happens as it is sucking air in I would really take a good look at all the O rings as when ever I have had this it is normaly down to that the rubber has gone hard or has a small defect.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The O rings? Where do they go, and have you ever repaired this problem on a kia ceed 1.6 crdi thanks

The way the hydraulics works are the same as most makes and models the O rings are on the end of each pipe there is no straight answer other than it has a very small leak which we know it is a matter of removing every pipe for close inspection and have a lot of patience and take time inspecting each pipe.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thanks. I will put this forward to my mechanic thank you. If you have any other suggestions, please don't hesitate to forward

You have covered everything else like slave master cylinder etc every time I have had this issue it has been down to a O ring issue it is a nightmare for you and the garage as it never gives external loss of fluid and the air leak is so small. If you need me feel free to get back to me regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Gavin, same car, just separate issue, the clutch judders when doing clutch control, causing vibration in the car. It's had a new clutch kit in, done about 15000 miles

Has it always had the vibrations ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, yes it has always had vibration, but over time it seems to be getting worse.

I take it you feel that through the pedal ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, that's right, as I reach biting point

Has it been there from new and if so why has it never been resolved ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I think on the previous clutch there wasn't as much vibration, and when I changed it, I could feel slight vibration, but as time as gone on, it has got worse

Did you buy it from new and what is the reg number please.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, yes I did, it was a LUK kit, reg BW14EKJ thanks

Morning can we exchange personal numbers to discuss your vehicle ? regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Morning, I prefer communicating on the thread, as it gives me the time to digest the information that you give thanks

The source of the problem for the first question and the second question is down to the vibration from the clutch.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, so you think it's the 0 rings, or a crack in the hydraulic pipe?

With the vibration it is creating excessive fluid pressure on all the O rings and seals.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi, does that mean I have to replace clutch kit again?

Yes the flywheel run out needs to be looked at then work your way back from that.