Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

New Sportage GTLS. Could you tell me what the 'off' button

Hi! New Sportage GTLS. Could you tell me what the 'off' button next to the sunroof controls is. Looks like it has a WiFi symbol, but I don't think that's it!
JA: What year is your Sportage?
Customer: 2019
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not fixing. Just can't find reference to the button in the manual.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your question. My name is Steve and i am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help you.

From the description of the button I believe it is to disable the interior alarm when you leave the vehicle locked and may have a pet inside. Pressing the button when you exit the vehicle will prevent the internal sensor from detecting movement and setting off the alarm.

I hope this answers your question, but do please feel free to ask any further questions by replying to this thread.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue. Even

after clicking accept you can ask further questions by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve